Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Girl With Colitis Goes By....

That's a misheard lyric from "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by John Lennon. The actual lyric is "The Girl with kaleidoscope eyes.."

And WHY am I even mentioning this?

I have Ulcerative Colitis. Yep, there's one of those chronic conditions I mentioned before. I wouldn't mention it at all, except I'm starting to flare up again and I'm TERRIFIED.

Last time I had a flare up - in the early 2000's - I had malabsorbtion and became scarily skinny. I became sick and couldn't eat. My teeth became weak. My period stopped. My nails and hair stopped growing. It was frightening and horrifying and .... anyway, it was bad.

I cannot get sick like that again. I'm calling today to make a doctor appointment. I'd appreciate any prayers. Thanks.

In the meantime, I'm just trying to not worry about it and so far it isn't bad...I just don't want it to get that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment