Friday, June 12, 2009

Things that make you go Wiiiiiii.....

Today we did a bad thing. A very bad thing. We used a credit card.

We haven't been living on credit. We screwed up with credit in our 20s and have been pretty good with it since...barely using it at all. My dd's 13th is coming up. We wanted to get her something nice to mark her 13th. We asked her what she wanted and she gave us a very reasonable list. We asked her again without being worried about money and the Wii appeared on that list.

Dh and I discussed it. We hemmed and hawed. We thought of saving up but tons of other things are coming up that we will need the cash for. It certainly isn't an emergency and I won't make it sound as such. Its just that dd is so responsible. So helpful with her brother. Such a really good kid all around. We wanted to get something COOL. So...we did. :P

And dh cannot stand waiting ..ever. So, we gave it to dd today, even though her birthday is over a month away! LOL

She's thrilled to PIECES! We also chose the Wii because we live in an area that has long, harsh winters and we thought this would be a good way to stay physically active indoors. We didn't get any fancy package or anything. Just Wii Sports. But WOW its fun!! And I worked up a sweat!

My dd and her bestfriend (bff) came home from the pool today and here it was! And they played it until bff had to go home.

I feel a little guilty about using credit, but I think it was a good decision in the end. And I know in the winter we'll be glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment